Dr. Peter Boltuc is Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of Illinois at Springfield, and Associate University Professor at Warsaw School of Economics, Warsaw.
Email: pboltu at sgh.waw.pl
Phone: (217) 206-7422
Dr. Boltuc's Faculty Page
University of Illinois-Springfield
UIS Department of Philosophy
Areas of Specialization: Machine Consciousness; Applied Ethics
Area of Expertise: e-Education
Areas of Competence: Moral and Political Philosophy; Moral Psychology; Social Capital Theory
- Ph.D. in Moral and Political Philosophy (June 1998) Bowling Green State University
- Dissertation: Morality and Particularity. Advisor: R. G. Frey.
- Available at Bell & Howell Company, UMI Dissertation Services, Ann Arbor, MI 1998.
- Doctor of Philosophy and Sociology (January 1991) Warsaw University, Poland
- Dissertation: The Problem of Subject and Object in English and American Philosophy After Peter Strawson. Advisor: Janusz Kuczynski.
Other Graduate Education
- Visiting Graduate Student (January 2001-January 2002) Princeton University
- Advisor: Bas van Fraassen.
- Member of Senior Common Room (June - July 1988) St. John's College, Oxford
- Master of Philosophy (June 1986) Warsaw University, Poland
- Sub-discipline: Ancient Philosophy (Plato).
- Thesis: Paradox of Openness in Plato's Metaphysics.